South Shields Golf Club, established in 1893, is situated on coastal heathland, in the shadow of Cleadon water tower, a local landmark, which can be seen for miles around.
At 6263 yards, the course provides a fair test of golf for players of all abilities. The course is noted for its fine greens, easy walking and magnificent views all round, particularly over the Tyne estuary, north to the Cheviot hills and south over Wearside to the Cleveland Hills.
The course seldom closes due to excellent drainage through the limestone base on which it is built, ensuring good conditions underfoot throughout the year.
Visitors are assured of a warm welcome and high quality catering in the clubhouse.